Student Counselling

IIBIT provides counselling advice. IIBIT staff will be able to assist students adapt to their new environment and help with career development and opportunities. Students with personal or legal problems should see student services, who will be able to assist or refer the student to the college counsellor.Lecturers are available to assist students with learning difficulties.

Academic Transcripts

An Academic Transcript is a record of a student’s results for the duration of the student’s enrolment at IIBIT. Students who have successfully completed a qualification will be issued with a transcript with all units of competency they have completed. They will also receive a certificate stating the qualification that they have attained.

Students who do not successfully complete a qualification will be issued with only a statement of attainment, listing the units of competency that they have attained. Students who wish to obtain an interim transcript please contact student administration office.

Amending Your Enrolment Details:

Enrolment Amendment (adding or deleting unit/s)

Students who wish to add or delete unit/s of study are required to complete an enrolment amendment form and lodge it at the student administration office before the census date of the relevant term. The form must be signed by the relevant course co-ordinator or head authorising the change to their enrolment prior to lodging the form with student administration office.


Forms for document request are available at Student Administration desk. Different document requests take different amount of time as follows.

  • Enrolment letter, Academic Transcripts, Graduation Certificate, Attendance Certificate, Completion letter will take at least 3 - 5 working days. Please ask for document request from.

Change of Personal Details:

  • You must notify IIBIT of any change to your contact details within 7 days of the change as required by DIBP and stated in your visa conditions.
  • All official information concerning you will be sent to the notified address by both IIBIT and DIBP. Hence it is imperative for students to keep their contact details up to date to avoid missing important information.
  • Students who do not update their contact details in time may get their student visa’s cancelled.

Student ID Cards

All students are required to carry their student ID card at all time while on college premises so that college management can easily identify.

  • This will help the college management to maintain a safe environment to all the students. Students who cannot produce their student ID cards may be
  • Denied access to classes
  • Denied access to computer labs
  • Denied access to enter in to the college premises

Students who lose their student ID cards must have them replaced. An administrative charge will be charged.

Printing and Photocopying

There is a student printer and photocopier at the student Resource room. Students need to have Student ID card to avail this facilities. For Student Photo ID Card see Student administration.

Unique Student Identifier (USI)

From 1st January 2015 students enrolling in nationally recognised training in Australia will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI).

Where students will be able to access their records online, download them and share them with future training organisations electronically.

USI will make record keeping, information exchange and business practice in the Australian VET sector easier and smoother.

Who needs a USI?

  • Students who are enrolling in nationally recognised  training for the first time
  • Students continuing with nationally recognised training

A student who is continuing study is a student who has already started their course in a previous year (and not yet completed it) and will continue studying after 1 January 2015.

How to register with USI:

A USI is free and easy to create online. You can create your own USI or IIBIT can create one for you as a part of the enrolment process. Follow these steps to create your USI:

Click the link:

  2. You must have one form of ID to register under USI
  3. The following documents are valid forms of ID in the USI Registry system and can be verified through the Document Verification Service:
    • Driver’s Licence – issued in Australia 
    • Medicare card – current and issued in Australia 
    • Australian Passport – current
    • Australian Birth Certificate
    • Certificate of Registration by Descent
    • Citizenship Certificate
    • Visa
    • Immi Card.
  4.  You have to submit your personal information (e.g. address, contact number and email )
  5. Watch the video link :  for more information.

Once you have register you will get the USI ID straight after your registration (please note down your special Unique student Identifier) and you must give the USI to student services at IIBIT.